Introduction to school
- We are a Methodist Primary Academy with Nursery provision for 2-4 year olds.
- In addition to the nursery, the school is a one form entry with 7 classes.
- There are strong links with Hindley Green Methodist Church which enriches pupils’ religious, spiritual, moral and social education.
- The school's church links contribute a valuable dimension to its Christian ethos
At Westleigh Methodist Primary School, we recognise our school context and have designed our curriculum with the intent that pupils build the solid foundations required to become successful and aspirational adults who seek opportunities, take responsibilities as moral citizens and gain life experiences that extend their horizons. The children will do this through our vision:
'Aspire, Believe, Achieve'
We incorporate 4 key drivers throughout our curriculum that reflect our school context and address typical gaps in knowledge and skills that underpin the cultural capital they need to be successful citizens. These 4 key drivers are;
- Culture which helps pupils to understand and appreciate the diversity of cultures both locally and around the world and gain an understanding how they have impacted on their own heritage and that of others.
- Possibilities which helps pupils to build aspirations and gain an understanding of how they may succeed in what they aspire to achieve by making explicit links in learning to possible future careers.
- The Arts which helps pupils shape and define who they are and understand themselves, by fuelling their imagination and creativity through a range of wider experiences.
- Community which helps pupils develop a sense of moral purpose doing all they can for others as they become active, responsible members of our school, the locality, our country and the world.
- We aim to provide a coherent, structured, academic curriculum, which is rich in knowledge and skills driven, that will lead to sustained mastery for all with unlimited aspiration. Underpinned by the 4 key drivers.