PE and Sports Funding
P.E. and school sport play a very important part in the life of Westleigh Methodist Primary School. We recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Sports Premium Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through developing links with local high schools and sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Our overall aim is to raise standards in P.E. and school sport, increasing the participation and opportunities offered to our children. We aim to provide higher quality lessons and improved learning for all.
We are therefore delighted to be able to use the sport premium funding to support the development of P.E. and school sport in the following ways;
- Up-skilling of staff to enhance quality of PE provision being delivered in school.
- Partnership work on PE with other schools and local partners
- Improved participation in activities and promoting healthy lifestyles
- Making physical education curriculum inclusive
- Provide a range of provision and alternative sporting activities
- Links with other subjects that contribute well to pupils overall achievement and their greater SMSC skills.
- Wider extra-curricular opportunities
- Participation and success in competitive school sports
Please find below our current Sports Premium Plan for this academic year 2023-2024:
The strategy below identifies how we use the funding we receive to prioritise success in the five key indicators as outlined by the Government:
- Key Indicator 1: increasing all staff’s confidence, knowledge and skills in teaching PE and sport
- Key Indicator 2: increasing engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity and sport
- Key Indicator 3: raising the profile of PE and sport across the school, to support whole school improvement
- Key Indicator 4: offer a broader and more equal experience of a range of sports and physical activities to all pupils
- Key Indicator 5: increase participation in competitive sport